a heart that would bow down...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

it's His job

i have been reading watchman nee's "messenger of the Cross." (ps... you should read it too!) nee was talking about how emotion is a work of our soul, and works in opposition to the work of the Cross through us. this is what he said that really got me:
"Sometimes we receive special grace from God; our hearts are filled with light and joy... our hearts feel as if they are ready to overflow. We can hardly hold ourselves back from speaking to others about the Lord... however, at such times... we babble unceasingly about the things of God. Such works are fully of the emotion."
ouch. surely not me! haha... oh i think way too highly of myself sometimes. i'm one of those. a spiritual babbler. and it puffs me up. it's hard, because He tells me such good stuff sometimes, i feel the need to turn around and tell every single person who's willing to stop and have a deep conversation. and i have a desire to show people truth. but sometimes all that does is build a higher spiritual image of myself in my mind, feeding my already disgusting pride. and this morning He called me out. sometimes it's good to tell people. but sometimes He just wants to do it, and my role is to pray. that's right, it's not always my job to tell people what the Holy Spirit tells me. sometimes it's His job. imagine that. and He showed me that when i take a backseat on telling everybody everything, i'll be more committed to praying for them. because i genuinely want them to know, and i'll genuinely pray that He'll show them. and then i don't get the whole pride issue, because it wasn't me that told them. it was Him. only when i choose to allow every conversation i have to be specifically directed by the Spirit will my pride be put in its place.

1 Comments:

  • Hmm...that is good. We are so much a like, I'm glad to have you to sharpen me and help my eyes be opened to my pride and flesh! Let's chat soon!

    By Blogger Karen Isbell, At February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home