a heart that would bow down...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Son-kissed

i am willing to recognize that this could be borderline cheesy, but it was what the Lord gave me this morning in my time with Him, and i just had to share. i was sitting on my porch with my coffee. the birds were chirping, the sun was shining. you get the idea. beautiful morning. as i looked out across the fields and pond across from my apartment, the Lord was stirring in my heart the great things He's doing here in Auburn. and randomly, He put the alma mater on my heart. He had me write it down, and this was how it ended up (He made a few minor changes as we went through it):
on the rolling plains of dixie,
'neath the Son-kissed sky
proudly stands our alma mater
banners high
to Thy Name, we'll sing Thy praise,
from hearts that love so true
and pledge to Thee our loyalty
the ages through
We hail Thee Jesus, and we vow
to work for Thy just fame
and hold in memory as we do now
Thy cherished Name.
Obviously, a few minor changes. let me hit on some of the key points i felt like He touched on. first of all, the Son-kissed sky. what a beautiful picture. it reminds me of a vision a friend had of light breaking through the clouds over the sky in auburn as truth penetrates the hearts of His people and more people come into this sweet intimacy with Him. also note, banners high. if you'll recall, one of the names of the Lord is the Lord my Banner. and in song of solomon, His banner over me is love. please note: the banner is high in the song, that all may see. all the rest of the changes referred to changing it from glory to Auburn to glory to Jesus' name. it was like He told me that auburn really was made for this. what a joy to be in this place!

2 Comments:

  • I'm diggin that message girl. Keep receiving. Oh by the way, I pray that non-believers look and post comments on my blogs, however, the negative comments are unfortunately coming from someone in our own church community.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 13, 2006  

  • Bethany, that's beautiful. I love that way of looking at it- I'll think differently about the Alma Mater next time I sing it! (probably shouldn't reflect on this too much though, as I might sing the wrong words... hahaha!)

    By Blogger ericka b, At March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home