a heart that would bow down...

Monday, June 11, 2007

community

recently i've been pondering a lot what direction i need to take for ministering to others in the body. what is He calling me to do? to whom is He calling me to minister? what is my role to be?
as i've been seeking, i've been struggling with listening to what He was saying. but i heard two messages yesterday, both on acts 2, both talking about the fellowship of believers. as i was processing both of them, i realized that the way He's revealing Himself in our generation is completely relational. it hasn't always been this way, but people today need a personal, relational connection to be able to subscribe to something. spiritual life the way we know it demands to be expressed in the context of community. He is currently in the process of moving me into a new type of community. i once heard someone say that if you want to know God's will for your life, follow the relationships. He reminded me of that this morning on my way to work. He told me that if i pursue (with the purposes of God) the relationships He puts in my life, He will give clarity and direction through that. my spiritual life will be fueled by this kind of purposeful community.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home