a heart that would bow down...

Saturday, April 29, 2006

a promise for summer

for the past couple of weeks, i've found my daily time with the Lord isn't renewing... instead it's turned to routine. i believe this routine is a byproduct of my own complacency. i find myself burned out, not just with school, but with everything. eager for change. tired of spiritual activities which seem to consume my schedule, my life. whatever happened to just being? the frustrating thing is seeing it and being incapable of "fixing" it as i like to try to do. it's just a place of dependency. immaturity, yes. but learning even more so.
it's like He showed me this... i can't see past the spiritual activity in my life to see Him (which is funny cause you'd think i would find Him in that, not past it). so He told me it's time for me to find Him somewhere else. either somewhere where i'm not doing anything (the lack of activity) or maybe just finding Him in doing "non-spiritual" activity. or maybe both.
but what sustains me in the midst of this is His promise (He's so faithful!!!). He led me to pray for this summer to be a period of rest, refreshing, renewal. and not just for me, but for the whole Body of Christ in auburn. He showed me that only He can give us the rest so we can fight the battle He has called us to fight (lots of this has come through reading in Joshua). at the thought of fighting spiritually the other day, i suddenly felt exhausted. instead, He wants us to feel exhilarated from His presence.
side note: it's like how mary could sit for hours at His feet while martha bustled about. mary had chosen the best thing. she wasn't wrapped up in spiritual activity. she just wanted to BE with Him.
so friends... fellow soldiers... brothers and sisters... know that your rest, renewal and refreshing are in my prayers (especially for this summer) so that we may be fully equipped in Him to take the Promised Land side by side.

1 Comments:

  • summer is a good time to rest... it reminds me of that saying that talks about you being at your strongest when you are on your knees in prayer. I will be praying that your times of rest will be the drawing closer to the Lord that you are desiring...
    In Him

    By Blogger Phil, At May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home