a heart that would bow down...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

time at home

so i've basically been a slacker and haven't posted in a really long time. probably because there hasn't been much happening in my life. not that i'm complaining. i have loved my time of resting here at home.
i did get to go visit Misty last week, and one thing she was talking about really struck a chord with me: we go deeper and progress more with God when we come to Him as a child. we must recognize how we have nothing without Him. this also ties in with a book i'm reading (yes, i've lifted my ban) called The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee. he speaks of how the only ground by which we can draw near to God is the precious Blood of Christ. nothing else works. it made sense. if i feel like i've done a better job or done more for the Lord, my conscience is clear and i feel as though i can approach Him freely. but if not... if i know i have messed up... sometimes i tend to avoid Him. but in both cases, the only way i can draw near is to come by the Blood, for that is what makes me righteous, not my actions.
so i'm moving to nashville in less than a week! i'm so excited! the Lord has promised amazing things for my ten weeks there. if you are from nashville or are just there hanging out, give me a call!

3 Comments:

  • Glad you lifted your ban...I think Christian books are more about people sharing their stories and trying to encourage others. Still, the book like 7 ways to... are sickening :0P
    have a great time in Nashville!

    By Blogger Phil, At May 25, 2006  

  • Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 11, 2006  

  • Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home