a heart that would bow down...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

all He wants

i had the greatest revelation this morning... and i'm going to try to explain it. but really, i would have never understood if someone else had told me. it had to come from Him. that's what made it so authentic and just plain good.
He told me that the only thing He wants from me is my undivided love. sure, that's something i had heard before. but then He went and followed the belief systems i had that lay beneath that. and He pointed out to me that i've been taught that all the good works and spiritual things i do are simply a byproduct of my loving relationship with Him. which is completely true. but then He showed me what i believed of Him that was not true. somewhere i had been deceived, and although i have never said it, or even realized it, i believed that the reason He wanted this love relationship with me was for the fruit: the good works and spiritual things. but that's not true. really, all He wants is my love. that's it. just that simple.
He went on to reveal to me that those byproducts of my relationship with Him (fruit of the Spirit, basically) aren't so much a result of my love for Him as they are a result of my realizing His love for me. they are a gift from Him. they are the fruit of the Spirit. so it's like He has offered me a seed (the Holy Spirit) as a present. when someone gives you a seed as a gift, the gift is much more than the seed itself! it is the fruit and beauty that seed will produce when handled rightly. and so is His gift to me! all the fruit in my life is part of His gift to me, not mine to Him! when i recognize that i can see that these are not the things He wants most from me. which brings me back the point He was trying to get across in the first place: all He wants from me is simply love.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home