a heart that would bow down...

Sunday, June 25, 2006

thinking...

i've spent a lot of time alone here in nashville. not necessarily lonely, but alone. like driving in the car everyday, exercising, time in my office. just being alone. i know it's been good for me, i've had so much more time to think. not to think about anything in particular, but just to think. (side note: sometimes i wonder how much time i waste thinking about things i've already thought about so much that i'm beating that thought like beating a dead horse. why not think about something different and open my mind to something new?)
anyway, He showed me last night that when i get bored, i am eager to engage my mind with something to fight the boredom off. whether it be entertainment or even reading or something productive, stillness of the mind makes me stir-crazy. He's beginning to show me more and more how to use those times to just be with Him. it's hard to explain, but it's like i'm learning to release the need to have my mind occupied, and it's ok to just let it run wild with Him. just sitting and thinking and sitting and thinking could seem boring, but when He engages my spirit in a simultaneous experience with that, it can be quite exciting. i don't know if any of this makes sense, but welcome to my world right now. like i said... i've just had a lot of time to think.

2 Comments:

  • it makes sense to me...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 26, 2006  

  • I love this! I'm learning this too I think, getting a little better at the being still (but I agree, it's so hard!) Hope you are loving it up there... I'm still hoping to take a Nashville trip before the summer is over! Blessings to you sweet friend :)

    By Blogger ericka b, At July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home