a heart that would bow down...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

work

well it's been interesting having this job. i'm learning a lot... about the real world and how it's really not that fun! but i'm thankful He has me here for this short-term season to prepare me for real jobs down the road (maybe way down the road...)
anyway, working at LifeWay has specifically been a stretching experience for me. sometimes it's hard, cause i'm really not doing that much work in JOURNALISM, which, of course, is my major. and let's talk about how "anti-mainstream" i hyped myself up about being this whole past semester. well, welcome to the mainstream of Christianity: LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention. get my drift? the Lord has such a great sense of humor! i am getting practical experience, and i know that this is where the He wanted me to be for this summer.
so the other day i was praying on my way to work (i have a 25 minute commute) and i was just praying for friends, family, etc. i started praying for my mom, and randomly started praying for her situation at work. i know it really wears her out sometimes, largely because of the people she works with (and where they are spiritually...). anyway, i just got this idea to pray that it would be her place of ministry, and that she would absolutely love getting to go everyday, because she's so blessed by getting to pour into the lives of those she works with. and that instead of feeling drained, she would be energized by her work, not because of the work, but because of the impact it would make for God's kingdom. it made sense, but was kind of random.
but then God showed me that was the same thing i needed to be praying for myself! work has been wearing me out, but He wants it to be a time of blessing for me because i get to minister in the Spirit to other believers (who often seem discouraged or "worn-out" on the whole church thing), all day long!

2 Comments:

  • God is so cool...and faithful... and awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 21, 2006  

  • While you are pondering the mainstream I thought I would bring some song lyrics to your attention: Nichole Nordeman's song Brave:
    verse: The gate is wide, the road is paved in moderation. the crowd is kind and quick to pull you in. Welcome to the middle ground, You're safe and sound and unitl now, it's where I've been. 'Cause it's fear that ties me down to everything, but it's been love, your love, that cuts the string.
    chorus: So long status quo, I think I just let go, you make me want to be brave. The way it always was is no longer good enough, You make me want to be brave.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home